SELF-FORGIVENESS: AN EXPRESSION OF SELF-LOVE
Statement: “I forgive myself for believing _________________.”
You must love yourself before you can love others. While at first blush this statement may appear a bit cliché, it is an essential component to your emotional well-being. As we discussed earlier, it has been estimated that the average person experiences somewhere between 50,000 to 70,000 thoughts per day. While this number is up for debate, what is not debated is the fact that every human being has thousands and thousands of thoughts every day! Some of these thoughts are statements you say about yourself. Of these thoughts, some of them are true in the eyes of God, while others are lies planted by the Evil One with the sole intention of separating you from receiving all the glory God has for you.
You know you are speaking truth to yourself when your thoughts are congruent with God’s vision of who you are, a perfect and lovable creation. You are his child, a child of the one true King, and therefore you are special, unique, and perfect just the way you are. Thoughts that are loving, kind, and compassionate toward yourself and others are thoughts from God, anything else is a lie and in need of transformation and release. Additionally, thoughts that find their root in God promote a sense of internal well-being, peace, and happiness, which you now know from earlier reading have a profound effect on your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
When your internal tape player repeats messages that are in alignment with God’s vision, you experience thoughts of truth, life, and light. In the presence of Truth, every cell of your being exists in harmony with Love itself and is therefore divinely supported. Much like a lie-detector test, your body will not be deceived by wrong self-talk. This is why we are programmed to seek happiness and not heartache. As your internal tapes play words of truth, every cell of your body, heart, and soul experiences the vibration of God’s love. In this environment, you become strong and vibrant. You then share this frequency with the world. In a nutshell, you can’t send love into the world when you internalize words in opposition to love about yourself. Remember, thoughts are things, and given this, they profoundly affect you.
Through forgiveness of false beliefs, you begin the internal healing transformation necessary so that you can become filled with the internal love God has for you. Remember, love and love’s companion emotions cannot occupy the same space in your heart that opposing emotions hold. Love cannot be present when anger is in your heart. Peace cannot be present when fear is in your heart. Hope cannot be present when despair is in your heart. Either you have love in a particular space in your heart, or you have some opposing emotion. If you find yourself speaking internal words that are self-deprecating, mean-spirited, belittling, and even possibly hateful, I recommend you write those false beliefs down and begin with them first. They have no business in your heart, and it is time for them to go.
Common Self-Forgiveness Statements
I forgive myself for believing (IFMFB):
- IFMFB I am not worthy of love.
- IFMFB I’m not good enough (smart enough, pretty enough, thin enough, loving enough, etc.) for ______________ (fill in what your heart desires).
- IFMFB I’m not good enough (smart enough, pretty enough, thin enough, loving enough, etc.) to have happiness (peace, love, a good marriage, a successful career, a loving relationship with my children, etc.)
- IFMFB I will never be good enough for (or “to have a”) ______________ (fill in what your heart desires).
- IFMFB __________ people are not worthy of love. (fill in the blank; sick, lazy, overweight, divorced, “bad,” law breakers, perpetrators, etc.)
- IFMFB I can’t be happy without my mother’s (father’s, etc.) love.
- IFMFB I can’t accept my life the way it is.
- IFMFB I need a different life before I can be happy.
- IFMFB I can’t live a happy life with the parents (boss, salary, children, spouse, life circumstances, etc.) I have.
- IFMFB I need him (her, them, this particular business or establishment, etc.) to change before I can be free and happy.
- IFMFB I have to hide who I am in order to be loved and accepted.
- IFMFB no one cares (loves, needs, wants, etc.) for me.
- IFMFB I always attract the wrong people in my life.
- IFMFB I am hopeless (unlovable, undeserving, less than everyone else, etc.).
- IFMFB I have to hide the ugly parts of who I am before I can be loved.
- IFMFB I have to deny the parts of me that hurt before anyone will love me.
- IFMFB I cannot forgive him (her, them, etc.).
- IFMFB I have to be right and another (name them) has to be wrong.
- IFMFB I have to be in control.
- IFMFB that if I am not in control, everything will go wrong.
Statements Helpful With Abuse
I forgive myself for (IFMF):
- IFMF allowing my sense of safety (well-being, joy, happiness, trust, etc.) to leave as a result of, or during, the abuse (attack, etc.).
- Note: In the case of violence, often, the perpetrator only intended to hurt you in the moment. They didn’t give much thought to your future state of mind. It’s time to reclaim your life.
- IFMF letting important parts of myself (my ability to love and appreciate myself, my self-worth, my dignity, etc.) leave during the abuse (attack, etc.), and I call them back to myself. I ask God to heal these parts of me and restore them as he desires so that I can experience heightened levels of his divine love (protection, comfort, nurture, etc.).
Over Carolyn’s many years as a healer she has discovered holistic measures that support the physical body, subtleties that affect our emotional well-being, and spiritual jewels that draw us deeper into God. All of these can be a part of the transformation mankind seeks. We invite you into the mysteries of transformation Carolyn has studied and received. They can change your life and the lives of those who follow you.
Transformation for the Body, Heart, and Soul
- Nine Faces of Struggle
- Fasting of the Mind – Meditations for the Soul
- Spiritual Friendships
- The Enneagram
- Depression and Anxiety
- Holistic Health
- Carolyn’s Weekly Reflection
- Understanding The Jesus Code
There is a new movement enveloping the earth. This spiritual renewal is held in the divine milieu of our loving God and you are invited into it! Come join the movement and fully LIVE!
Helping your LIVE Healthy, Happy, and Wholly!