BECOMING AWARE OF CORE FALSE BELIEFS
First, I believe we are served by becoming aware of the false belief patterns we took on as the result of our relationships with our mothers. These are the beliefs that block our ability to fully live. While such discovery is a complex process, there are a few core false beliefs I have witnessed in cltients over my many years of doing this work that I will share with you.
Commonly Held False “Mother” Beliefs
- I’m not good enough
- Girls are inferior
- I’m responsible for my mother’s happiness
- No one will love me if they knew the truth about me
- I cannot be happy or at peace until my mother loves me
- No one cares about my feelings
- My needs are not that important, other people have it worse and therefore they are more deserving of
- love and attention
- I’m not worthy of love
- I have to be perfect before I am worthy of love
- Women can’t be trusted
- Only broken (ill, sick, helpless) people are in need of help or worthy of love
- No one will love me if I’m ugly, if I’m fat, or if I’m not smart
With each held belief we want to ask ourselves if this thought process is true in the eyes of God. If it is not true then the thief came and he has tried to kill, destroy and steal your life – and probably your mother’s life as well. This is a false belief.
You (and your mother) were created for more than this and it’s time all of us reclaim what is rightfully ours. Transformation can be found; however, we must take the steps necessary to make the change and step into new life.
Can you imagine living a life where there is peace in your heart, forgiveness in your heart and acceptance of the truth that is your life? A life where you experience an abundance of peace, joy, love, and forgiveness? This, and more, is what Jesus promises all who follow him.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. – John 10:10
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “See, the home
of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them; he will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away.” – Revelation 21: 3-4